Who said Christmas dinner had to be ham or turkey? We had lamb raised from our farm (can’t get any more local than that)! Looking for a good dinner for your family? Try it out! Did you know 4 oz. of lamb has 27.5 g of protein?
Lamb Chops with Apple Stuffing
2 T Olive Oil Divided 2t dried rosemary
1/2 cup chopped Onion 1/2 t slat
2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 t pepper
2 cups cornbread stuffing 2/3 cup canned apple pie filling chopped
1/2 cup apple juice 1 cup chopped walnuts
8 lamb rib chops 3/4 inch thick
1. In large skillet heat 1T of oil and cook onion, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Add stuffing, apple pie filling, apple juice and walnuts. Mix well.
3. In 13x 9 pan spread out dressing and set aside.
4. In skillet heat remaining oil and quickly brown lamb chops on each side.
5. Place chops on top of dressing. Roast to desired temperature. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. (145 for rare/medium; 160 for medium; 170 for well)